Wednesday, March 21, 2012

N'Zonzi concentrating on Blackburn

Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi has laughed off talk comparing him to his idol Patrick Vieira but says he would love to have as successful a career as the former France captain.

Comparisons have been made between N'Zonzi and his hero this season due to the similarities in both their build and style of play and the23-year-old has now been linked with a possible move to Vieira's old club Arsenal, as the Gunners' look to add some extra physicality to their midfield.

Vieira enjoyed a glittering career at both club and international level, including winning the World Cup in 1998 and N'Zonzi says he is flattered to be compared to him, especially so early in his career.

"It's true many people have said that I remind them of Vieira," he told The Independent.

"Everyone was looking to be like Vieira. I think people said it more of me because of my face, and I'm tall and quite skinny like him.

"He was a big, big player. I'm just beginning. I'm a little player compared to him."

N'Zonzi moved to Ewood Park in 2009 and has slowly developed into an all action midfielder. His progress this season has led to Rovers' boss Steve Kean repeatedly praising his performances as the side look to avoid relegation.

The youngster is understandably pleased that he has impressed his manager and says he's not worried about the responsibility of now being seen as a senior player in the side.

"I don't feel any pressure from that," he explained. "I just try to do my best like any other player.

"Even if I am still a young player, and have some experiences to learn, I think that year after year you learn more, grow in confidence, and it becomes easier to play".

Written by Tom, a fan of football and online betting.

No comments: